Friday, October 07, 2005

That's a wrap!

Those were the words we all longed to hear last night about 6 p.m. in Talladega. After six days of shooting (three for me), the extras were tired, grumpy and ready to go home. But director Adam McKay had another plan. More shooting. So we extras continued to stand around waving our arms and pumping our fists.

Slowly the more tired extras sneaked off back to the holding area for snacks, water and a comfy chair. And that's why I think Wade Kwon (he accompanied me Wed.) and I might actually get on screen in this movie. Or at least a foot or hand or something. The few of us left were looking right in the camera.

I'm looking forward to seeing this film and pointing out how many times certain people show up as different characters in the background. There were so few extras by day three several were being asked to change clothes multiple times to fit different needs in the filming.

This was a very fun experience and I'm glad I did it, but 11 hours of sleep last night were welcome. The next time your area is host to a big production like this, I encourage you to help out at least one day. It's worth the time and sleeplessness.

Here are a few photos. Not only were we in a bad spot for good shots, my camera refused to cooperate. But I got a few..

This is Will Ferrell heading to the winner's circle...


This is Sacha Cohen and Andy Richter...


Sacha Cohen...

2 comments:

suctionhorse said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
suctionhorse said...

Great close up pics! I was a stand in for David Koetchner and Gary Cole all week but I did get in some crowd scenes. Check out my pics here:
Josh's Camera Phone Blog