Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Imminent Infant


Yes, it's almost time. We have about three weeks until the forecast due date of April 3.

Momma Christina seems to be doing ok, though the extra weight of growing Baby T, the stress of last-minute preparations and some slight diet restrictions seem to be taking a toll on her.

A visit by parents from both sides over the weekend spurred lots of activities, including the erecting of a baby bed and the purchasing of lots of baby related accessories. I'll post pictures of the nursery as soon as Momma says the room is ready for public viewing.

Up until now, I've been stoicly saying I wasn't nervous, that I was prepared. But I must admit some trepidation now that the hour draws near. I'd like to say I'm nervous about college tuition, first car, first date, first grade, etc., I have to admit I fear the day of delivery more.

I don't want to see my wife uncomfortable or in pain. I don't want her to have even one moment of discomfort ever. And, until now, I've had some small amount of control over that. But when that delivery day comes (I'm personally hoping for April Fools), my role as comforter and provider are shoved aside for a few hours. I'll let the doctors and nurses administer their epidurals and analgesics as they see fit and trust their years of experience will suffice.

Then I'll worry about college tuition.

1 comment:

Nik said...

Worry she doesn't nearly break your hand during labor. 2+ years later, I'm still nursing my hand. On the other hand, I didn't pass an object the size of a watermelon through an aperture the size of an orange...