Thursday, November 03, 2005

Anniversarial Bliss





Yep. One year and a few days and I must say I've never been happier.

Thanks for a great year, Christina. You're a wonderful wife and an absolutely great friend. I look forward to the next 60 years with you.

My parents treated us to a stay in Gatlinburg. I'm a little late in posting, but thought I'd share nonetheless.

I had totally forgotten about it, but Christina had saved the top of our wedding cake and we ate it on our anniversary (which was Oct. 23, btw). I was amazed at how well it kept.

On our way back to Bham, we took several side trips, one of which was to Rock City. A very kitschy, but fun, time. Before that, though we toured the Biltmore in Asheville, NC, which is at the extreme opposite end of kitsch.

2 comments:

David said...

Aaaaaawwwwww!

Also, did you get our anniversary note a while back?

Also also, the frozen cake we had on our anniversary was the first actual piece I had. We did the posing with the cake thing for the pictures, but the photographer didn't allow us to go to our reception long enough to actually eat anything.

Christina said...

Thanks cjt!

I'm looking forward to lots more years with you too. Sure, we'll have our ups and downs, but the ups will be made even better with you by my side and the during the downs, I know you'll still be right there in the same spot.

Can't wait for our next big adventure to arrive.